DURIS® S 8 - Always one step ahead
Osram Opto Semiconductors presents new versions of the compact high-power DURIS® S 8
DURIS® S 8 family is known as CHIP ARRAY SMD (CAS) among the SSL portfolio. The multichip family is a revolutionary compact high power LED with high luminous flux, high forward voltage and high color consistency. It provides totally new opportunities for all indoor lighting and outdoor door lighting especially directional retrofit applications.
Low Costs and higher performance
With an increased performance level that was facilitated due to a new leadframe material and chip generation, DURIS ® S 8 offers different LEDs versions and lumen packages with the same foot print optimized for consumer indoor and outdoor applications.
- Footprint: 5.8 mm × 5.2 mm/5.0 mm × 5.0 mm
- Various luminous flux packages from one package family
- Small light emitting surface improves optical behavior in directional lighting
- Low thermal resistance to enable high operating power
- Excellent color reproduction with CRI min. 70, 80 and 90
- Optimized driver efficiency and costs due to higher voltage option
- Full range of color temperatures: 2,700 K – 6,500 K (white)
- Test results according IESNA LM-80 available
- Retrofit (omnidirectional, directional, linear)
- Home (pendant lighting, strip lighting, spotlight)
- Shop (spotlight, downlight, linear lighting, freezer/display, shelf lighting)
- Office (downlight, linear/area lighting)
- Architainment and hospitality (accent/mood lighting, cove lighting, strip lighting)
- Industrial (portable lighting, emergency lighting, high/low bay, linear lighting)
- Consumer outdoor lighting
Binning for DURIS® S 8
Binning for the DURIS® S 8 simplifies the design of luminaires. The maximum color deviation defined by this binning corresponds to what is most commonly required by the market and most widely used in today’s lighting applications: a 5-step MacAdam ellipse. For projects with the highest demand for color consistency, a premium selection corresponding to a 3-step MacAdam ellipse is available as well.